PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 dead in Vic NW of Melb at Wallup
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2011, 09:16
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Harry Cooper:

When people board these flights they have no idea what rules and regulations surround these operations. I agree that this is indeed a very noble idea but what are the checks and balances involved. What is their interview process and background checks? What is their Check and Training system? How do they know if someone is current? I've seen some pretty ordinary stuff from some of these operations labelled as Angel Flight in the past and have only thought it would be a matter of time before an accident happened.
If that is the case then all PPL's are a danger to themselves and others. Come to think of it, the Commercial pilot licence standards aren't much higher either.

To put it another way, you and Havick have libeled every private pilot, plus CASA who set and administer the standards, as well as implying that anyone who flies as a passenger with a private pilot are endangering their lives.

I am not a member of Angel Flight, but they deserve our support, starting with a retraction from you.

I say again, delete your posts and I'll delete mine as well.