PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Ground Services (QGS) is a newly created entity under Qantas Airways
Old 15th Aug 2011, 23:47
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By the way why is it that if you have an interest in aviation and you're not a pilot or LAME, people think that you're a buffoon, plane spotter or a nufty? Everyone does their bit to keep the machine rolling, right or wrong?
Right !! Everybody plays their part in a successful business. Everyone at all levels, agreed.
My comments were not targeted at the entire worldwide brotherhood of rampies, and I apologise if it came across that way. My career spanning 30 years has seen me work within almost every field of aviation, including extensive ramp operations. I have noted in Australia, a decline in the past 10 years of the quality of rampies. That is not aimed at all and sundry, but is a generic statement. Organisations that go on cost cutting witch hunts making 20+ year rampies redundant while replacing them with part time inexperienced staff are not strengthening their skills base. I know I know, this is not happenning everywhere, but it is happenning and spreading.