PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2011, 21:13
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not now, nor have I said the design was faulty. It worked. It did not cause this loss. Please, please, slow down.

But to say it did not cause the crash is not enough. Neither is it fair to lump it all onto the Pilot.

It is not sufficient to design a system, sell it, and then neglect it. Beyond convenience, the politics are too cute. Teflon for all save the Pilot?

It was not supported well, and it was not supported in a myriad of ways.

Only a fool would repose in an imagined "perfection", to avoid responsibility of any kind.

Or a child.

For the record, I will stipulate that CONCORDE is an icon. All who have helped her live, and serve, should be honored. I mean it.

If one has something to say, one may say it.

3holelover. Having pointed at those two, do have some pointing left? What makes you think the Pilot, in Rolling, had any effect on preventing spin? I doubt it was so. He can't have been that intuitive......

DOZE You are correct in every way. There is less Truth in correct, than there is correct in Truth? Putting a stop to the discussion seems to be in vogue.

PJ2 He did NOT PITCH the a/c up to 15 degrees, at least not all at once.
Each Pitch Up was 'levelled off', as I read the Trace.

At Each Pitch up, PF may have felt a slowing, and NOT felt a continuation of NU.

IOW, He may well have thought that his Pitching Up solved an overspeed, albeit incrementally. Absent cues, he may have inferred an attitude closer to level than markedly NoseUp. The lack of THS Trimming on the way up shows us this. Several short and sequential commands for slowing. Instead, it was an ascent by degree, as I see it.

It is most unfair to propose that the Pilot merely wanted 15 degrees nose up. If that was so, the Ascent would have included the THS?

Throughout, the Pitch track is ragged, at least to me. Save until post STALL.

Stand to be corrected. And no shame in that, if by you.