PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2011, 20:48
chinapattern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it's true that Iberia/Nostrum had requested slots at BHX and taking in to account Spanair's plan to launch flights last year then you would think there is sufficient demand to fill anything from a CRJ to an A320 to Madrid. How long did Iberia operate flights to BHX before? Why did they pull out? MAD represents the last major European hub missing from BHX's network and for me it's the one route they really should be trying to get. Stockholm should be next on the radar and it really would be nice to see the likes of Prague, Barcelona, Rome and Lisbon served by airlines other than bmibaby but I guess beggers shouldn't be choosers. Helsinki, Warsaw, Kiev and Tel Aviv are other routes I'd like to think could come online. In terms of long haul, Doha must surely be a main contender but a service to Delhi/Mumbai would be a more logical choice, especially when AI get their 787's which would be a perfect fit for BHX. Aside from perhaps JFK or Chicago, I really don't see much scope for any more USA routes. Perhaps Air Canada could make a twice weekly Toronto work, again when the 787's arrive. Either way, it's purely speculation and wishful thinking as it always is with BHX. We'll probaby end up yet another random airline like announcing flights and cancelling a week before they're due to start.