PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Favourite Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2011, 12:05
Mr Mac

Received 180 Likes on 114 Posts
It will always be the BCAL 707,s which took me to school from South America, and back again at the start and end of terms. Also the great "Aunties" (retired CC) who used to look after you when you were too young to fly by yourself with BCAL. Only down side was the limited inflight entertainment in those days on that long route. Also flew Lufthansa on the same route with 707 but no "Aunties", but some very pretty German CC to compensate as I remember as a young teenager.

Also have a soft spot for DC8 and 727 from that era, but not 737 (always thought it a bit fat and dumpy) compared with the other Boeing jets of that time.

Turbo props were Vanguards BEA and Viscount Channel Airways and a BOAC Britania( 1 trip only back to and from Rome, plane was going to Cairo I think) but did not get to fly on them that much before they were replaced by Tridents and BAC 1-11. Went on BOAC VC10 twice once from Manchester to Barbados and once LHR to HK nice looking plane as I remember in that livery. All seems along time ago now.