PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Hiring
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2011, 11:21
IFB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Built4flying83

To be honest I get the feeling that if offered a job by CX you are going to take it regardless of what anybody on this forum says. I get the impression that all your posts are fishing for confirmation that you are doing the right thing no matter what others who work for CX tell you. The money from the forgivable loan seems to be a draw for you, which is no doubt what CX want. However, bear in mind its not enough to get close to a deposit on a property not that you would have enough for a mortgage anyway! Additionally yes it is the equivalent of about 18 months housing, but what are you planning to live on for the remaining 4.5 years before you could leave? Notice I assume your time in the company would be no more than the length of the loan!!!! Thats because the vast majority of icadests I have spoken to plan on leaving ASAP. Yes the tax is low, but that is because you have to pay for EVERYTHING up front. You may not have kids yet, but just take a look at the cost of education to understand my point!

IMHO

Under 25, single, no kids and no aviation experience, then the CX deal is OK for a few years provided that after 6 years you understand that you will have little if any savings and only limited flying hours that you could take to another airline due to CX SO’s logging P2X. Additionally although living in an exciting city you will not be able to enjoy what it has to offer as you will not have the funds to do so. Just take a look at how much a gym or reasonable club membership costs annually. That said severe pollution is free for all.

If on the other hand you are not single, do have kids or are older than 25 then unless you or your spouse is rich the lifestyle provided by the icad scheme is going to be austere at best!

Thats my opinion take it or leave it.