PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 15th Aug 2011, 08:12
SKYWRITER1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizofoz,

maybe because they used to. They paid flights (which they get cheaply from Emirates) and hotac for everyone. Now you have to go to Southampton, which isn't the easiest to get to internationally, and over 3500 miles from Dubai, before having a final interview in DXB.

Considering they are desperate for pilots, all of which will be expat, they dont make it particularly attractive to people who would be possibly giving up a lot, or who are skint because they are out of work.

I work at FZ, and am happy here, but for a company who will soon be short of pilots (according to an official email) they dont do themselves any favours when it comes to attracting people, and I'm not just talking about the selection process!

Zman,

As far as I remember, you get 3500aed for relocation expenses but no set up pack. Training took 4 weeks if rated, then about a week line training. I'm currently flying 80hrs/month, but the yearly average is more like 60/month.

Last edited by SKYWRITER1; 15th Aug 2011 at 08:49.