PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - Montreal Convention
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2011, 07:23
Herc708

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aer Lingus - Montreal Convention

Hidden amongs a thread in 'Airlines, Airport & Routes' there is an important legal case working through the Irish Courts regarding the outcomes which occcured when Aer Lingus requested police to meet an aircraft as a result of perceived threats from SLF. I recently (as recounted in a Ryanair thread) was on the receiving end of a threat from Cabin Crew if I, and the other 188 pax, did I would be held on the aircraft, for up to 3 hours, with no Air Conditioning or Water etc unless the Safety PA was not received in silence. I realise that I would not have any receourse if I had exited the emergency escape as I was going to do if said event had occurred

The first Aer Lingus case relates to a chap who was placed into the hands of the Lithuanian police - the story is best recounted by his local paper

DUNGLOE MAN LOSES DEFAMATION COURT BATTLE WITH AER LINGUS | Donegal Daily

The second case is rapidly gaining momentum in Ireland as a result of a blog kept by the pax :

Response from Aer Lingus and Aer Arann to the complaint I made about my treatment on their flight. | Leo the Geek's Blog