PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STAR Clearance limits
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2011, 06:18
DA50driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLP

It may be related to the issue mentioned a few posts ago about flying a star and sid based upon the ATIS information. In Russia and other former UUSR trained countries it is how they do it. Runway in use is announced on the ATIS, you find a STAR that goes from your last point on the flight plan to the runway and fly it. A clearance is hardly ever issued.

As for SID's its the same way. If you are cleared for take off you are cleared to the first point in your flight plan by the SID that takes you there. (It took having a very good Russian navigator on board to confirm this).

How about your SLP's coming into London? I was yelled at for slowing down to 250 at the SLP a while back. It all ended up with a lot of phone calls and the gentleman that designed the STAR telling the controller in question that the SLP was there to keep us from entering the adjacent sectors airspace.

As for giving the vacated FL on initial check in I try my best, but 20 years of flying and not doing it sometimes it is forgotten. With the enhanced mode S you can see it on your radar though, right? (A little sarcasm related to the expenses incurred to be allowed into the London area, putting equipment in that you don't use).