PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2011, 04:57
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Kenyon Files:

Dennis wrote: My Skyline engineering division re-built her for AOC work until she was sold. Note the famous G-WIIZZ registration on one side which few spotted, apparently not even you for a while!
Yes I heard about that! Perhaps your signwriter was suffering from dyslexia or something because on The Dancer he managed to paint another 'typo' this time Skyliine (with two ii's too!) and yes .. I didn't notice it until The Clarke had me standing directly in front it specifically quizzing me as to whether I noticed anything unusual and to which my initial reply was - no! "The mind sees .." and all that! I think Antonio's response was "bloody useless" or words to that effect, lol!

Does anyone have a pic of the cartoon painted and displayed inside the Spoonair tent at the Cranfield show. The cartoon featured myself as a uniformed CP with a dozen rings and wings, my boss Roy Spooner with loads of pound notes tumbling from his pocket, and our Chief Engineer Bob Myatt dangling beneath a 1920 type helicopter spannering up the 'Jesus nuts' all while airborne.
Dennisimo, you've enquired a couple of times about this. Would it be worth quizzing old man Spooner as to its whereabouts? Sincerely speaking I'm not sure where to begin on this one. Do you recall who the artist was?

More Kenyon-copters:

G-BBPO would have been another Kenyon-copter; bought by Spooner in 1973 she moved up to Wigan's world (Glasgow) where she flew for Airgo for about a year. After a couple of years back with Spooner she was sold to one of Dennis' longstanding clients, Flair Soft Drinks who, from my count, must have bought something in the order of a half dozen aircraft from the Maestro!

Enstrom F-28A G-BBPO at Shoreham in December 1980 (Photo: Keith Sowter)

lemonchiffon