PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 15th Aug 2011, 01:33
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
The 46 is an old Vietnam tail shedding not to good helicopter. Competent pilots have no problem landing the V-22.

I do know well the difference between IGE and OGE. Hate to tell you, The 46 is an old Vietnam tail shedding not to good helicopter. Competent pilots have no problem landing the V-22.

I do know well the difference between IGE and OGE. Hate to tell you, you eventually have to be OGE before or after IGE unless you want to get whacked by some R. Read Roberts Ridge.
Read Roberts Ridge.
Can someone translate this post into understandable English?

you eventually have to be OGE before or after IGE unless you want to get whacked by some R.
R....R....Huh?

As to your suggested reading assignment.....that is but one of the three books about that fight where very Brave Men flew, fought, were wounded, and were killed. In the past you attempted to denigrate the service of those folks and I pointed out how offensive that was. You sought at that time to suggest the Chinook Pilots had somehow contributed to the tragic outcome to that event. You were wrong then and you are doubly wrong now because you know better.

The complete reading list of the three books in recommended order of reading:

Robert's Ridge: A Story of Courage and Sacrifice on Takur Ghar Mountain
Author: Malcolm McPherson 9780553803631

Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operaton Redwing
Author: Marcus Luttrell 978031607591

Not A Good Day To Die: The Untold Story of Operation Anaconda
Author: Sean Naylor 9780425196090

The first two will tell the story of what happened on the ground.

The third book will explain why it happened and what went so terribly wrong.

Micro-managing combat from thousands of miles away is paramount to Murder! During Vietnam, Battalion Commanders flew overhead in their C&C helicopters and caused problems....but the modern version of that is absolutely ridiculous!

Last edited by SASless; 15th Aug 2011 at 01:59.