PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Hiring
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2011, 22:41
built4flying83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it is good to hear from some other people.

Unless you are willing to eat spam with a plastic fork in your room then you might be left with a couple of hundred at the end of a 3 day pattern
yeah i get what you are saying, but what i find is... i do spend 70% of the allowances while im overnighting somewhere, but when the pay packet comes in i usually end up with more than if i didnt do any trips as I was eating/drinking allowance money those 3 nights, not digging into base salary and eating food from home. You don't find this the case?

Lets work on 4 trips a month. 1600HK per trip better off x 4 = 6400HK /month additional ?? lets be conservative and say it is half that so 3200HK /month, thats going to help a little bit?

Dont be critical of the people who post here, we are frustrated at seeing our profession going in this direction as much as anyone, unfortunately for now at least, you are the one who will be under the financial burden and setting the scene for the next round of cutbacks in conditions.
I understand, i am just a bit skeptical of their intentions. It must be frustrating when im trying to outlne the positives when the salary has been cut in half for new hires? You are probably thinking managment are watching this thread and are saying they don't need to raise conditions.

Don't get me wrong, i would rather be on 35,000 + HKPA 64,000 = 99,000 HK$, from the day dot. (old scheme)

Another thing to consider is the lower tax in HK compared to other parts of the world when you start earning relative high amounts.
What does a captain earn these days?