PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2011, 20:08
boda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Opposite conflict

I would like very much if anyone can take me out this doubt:
In the SDM test, if I am remembering well, spotting an opposite conflict implies three conditions:
1 - the two air planes must have opposite routes, for example: a first airplane should go from point A to point B and a second airplane should go from a point B to a point A and their strips shouldn't have been removed from any location.
2 - In respect to the temporal distance, I think that the time (between the first airplane in city A and the second airplane in city B) and the time (between the second airplane in city A and the first airplane in city B) should be less than 4 minutes. These two times should be less than 4 minutes.
3 - In respect to the altitudes, the distance (between the altitude of the first airplane over city A and the altitude of the second airplane over city B) and the distance (between the altitude of the second airplane over city A and the altitude of the first airplane over city B)should be less than 30 flight units. These two distances should be less than 30 flight units.

My doubts are the following:
In respect to the temporal distance isn't it necessary to consider the time (between the first airplane in A and the second airplane also in A) and the time (between the first airplane in B and the second airplane also in B)? These two times aren't necessary??
In respect to the vertical distances isn't it necessary to consider the distance (between the first airplane in A and the second airplane also in A) and the distance (between the first airplane in B and the second airplane also in B)? These two distances aren't necessary??
Finally the conditions 2 and 3 are both necessay to be considered an opposite conflict or just one of them is enough for the spotting??

I'm looking forward for an answer from you.

Thanks