PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane for 8-10 passengers!?
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2011, 16:27
Alexander Pichler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Number of seats - 8-10.
2) Field types and length - Long concrete runways, all IFR approaches equipped.
3) Sector length - maximum length of 400nm, flying time maximum of 2 hours.
4) Support - Beechcraft, Cessna and Piper fit best, due to the high proximity of local workers that are familiar with these manufactures, especially Beechcraft.
5) Turboprop or jet - As said not older than 15 years, turboprop not that expensive when buying it but affording and using it mostly ends up with higher costs than for the jet. Affording the jet costs more but using it comes mostly cheaper, thats why I thought of the Premier jet.
6) Crew availability - Certainly a good thought, though I would be flying myself and other crew, doesn't matter on which type is available from my side!.
7) Load capacity - Yes this is true with the tourists, that's why a turboprop would be better in that case, without thinking of any bigger jets like CJ3 or else.
8) Competitive pressures - Yes, and this is another thing, but the hardest is to find a plane that fits apart from the King Air, which is not older than 15 years.

Flying day and night would be planed, IFR of course, all weather ops, well weather in Egypt, mostly not expecting visibility around 200 meters like in Europe, but certainly CAT1 approved commercially.

I am back from Africa, at the moment as you know, August is the Ramadan month, so there is not much going on at the moment with the project. Step by step.