PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recognition lights - when should be used?
Old 14th Aug 2011, 13:08
flyer696

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Capt Claret. Of course I know strobe lights and I know when to use strobes. I am talking about RECOGNITION lights not anticollision. As I said recognition light is a rare feature of brand new GA airplanes like Seneca V or Mooney M20TN and are operating exactly like those from youtube link (but those ones looks like aftermarket installation).

spitfires rule:

All of that is true. All the time we need to have anticollision lights turned on (rotating beacon or strobes - depending on airplane), furthermore at night nav lights and landing light. All of that can be easily found in aviation law (ex. FAR/AIM). Your answer about using recognition lights only during the day and in busy environment makes a lot of sense. But again I kindly ask to give me some paragraph from aviation law which clearly describes when to use recognition lights. I want to stick to the regulations because some say that maybe recognition light is to be used only during emergency (ex. radio failure) or only on request from ATC (ex. to recognize particular airplane in busy environment). All that theories makes some sense but definitive answer will be only in some paragraph of aviation law (either US or EU).