PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Hiring
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2011, 12:56
IFB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all the CX wannabes

I can understand the desire to join a legacy carrier like CX and at first glance the contract they offer with the forgivable loan etc may even look good, especially if you are a youngster new to the aviation game. However the simply fact is if you have a long term girlfriend/wife or kids then the money they are offering will pay for at best a well below average life in HK. Even the most basic of necessities to support a western lifestyle would be a struggle and luxuries or savings of any kind will be an impossible dream.

Built4flying83

I agree with those that have posted that us in the company should be the ones to fight for better conditions for all and I would never expect somebody else to fight my battles. In short I have no axe to grind with new joiners, but instead feel they are getting an extremely poor deal with this new icadet scheme. That said I have to assume either you are very rich or just have not done your homework on living expenses in HK. If you do manage to pass the interview and join cx then I fear you will discover very quickly why so many people are extremely critical of the current offer. Sadly for you by then you will be chained to the company for 6 years after which you will still have very limited experience that could land you a job elsewhere. Most companies do not recognise the CX P2S rating. If you wish to leave early the cost to you would be eye watering. The point is if you join, then you would be stuck here for a long time living an extremely frugal existence. Companies around the world are starting to hire so I would strongly recommend you look elsewhere before accepting the CX offer. Tread very carefully and do not complain that you have not been warned!