PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Trainee First Officer
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2011, 11:30
flyjet787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@gavinv174
So in the coming years jet,spice,indigo would need atleast 100 pilots each year ? And does AI recruit ONLY from IGRUA ?? KF no1 knows when they'l recruit. And about jet,spice,indigo and go air will they recruit more than what they are doing now? I would finish my CPL in 2013 june mostly. Will the scene get better by then or should i go for instructing or TR ?
Who knows how its going to be in 2013. Still 2 years to go.

Who saw the 2008 downturn coming? In 2006/07 airlines were not able to find enough pilots and suddenly by 2008/09 there were thousands of unemployed pilots and no jobs. Things changed quickly and quite dramatically. And under the current financial uncertainty all over the world nobody knows how 2013 is going to be.

If the current statistics (in terms of aircraft orders and expansion plans) are to be believed then yes 2013 looks bright. But you never know. Another recession/ double dip and we might be back to the 2008 days.

And remember boom or no boom from here on there will be intense competition for any job openings. There are about 3-4000 unemployed CPL holders in the country and the number is still going up quite rapidly. So even if every airline takes about 50-70 pilots an year it still wont clear the back log.

Looks like its still early days in your training so for now just concentrate on getting your license first and after that depending on the market conditions you can decide your future course of actions. Good luck