PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA wakes up
Thread: BALPA wakes up
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2011, 08:05
FL370 Officeboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here may well be a negative side to this aswell unless it is industry wide,what must competitors of Easy and Flybe be thinking?Licking their lips I would think
I see what you are saying in terms of Easy/Flybe's competitors seeing a chance to cut costs if those two are looking away from P2F etc. To be fair to flybe (my own employer) the one thing they do do right is recruitment. All pilots are employed on a permanent contract, full salary from day one, hotac, flight duty allowance, Loss of License cover, private medical and such like. The only think they do have is a 3 year bond.

Flybe have also been providing a part sponsored scheme with Cabair throughout the recession (the only airline I can think of that has contributed to up front training fees) as well as providing mentored schemes along the lines of what BA has announced right throughout the downturn.

They certainly can't be compared with Easy at any point in terms of recruitment policies as Easy's has been just plain sick in terms of P2F/flexicrew. Easy moving away from P2F would be a big change whereas I don't think flybe have too much to lose as they don't make money out of recruitment to the same scale.