PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin drops below assigned altitude into Melbourne
Old 13th Aug 2011, 23:29
kneedeep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i ve flown with lots of captains and have found the ones that are gruff and unforgiveable make my day to day flying unbearable. Friendly and understanding captain usually has a much more productice environment in the cockpit and the FO and SO can concentrate on other things. I do understand though there is a fine line of being to laxed. The captains captain are usually old codgers or young punks with an ego or the ones that are nervous and have no spare brain power to deal with variations. e.g must do top of descent checks 10 nm before and if it happens to be 5nm due to other circumstances, see the sweat start to pour down the forehead, this is in CAVOK calm conditions. Tightly gripped controls, making immediate and rapid adjustments to the gently sway of flight. To the dismay of the people in the very rear.
Waffling on now just i hate how if flying was invented today how much a better product it would be than the currant system we have where small adjustments are made since the 1960s. Still get weather forecasts in code and black and white text, when we ould be getting live cam feeds, pictures etc.. etc..