PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF pilots secret raids in Yemen - Telegraph article & Storm Front book (merged)
Old 13th Aug 2011, 21:56
Secret1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Secret War? What Secret?

This so called 'secret' war has always amused me, as it was no more secret than the fact the sun rises in the east every morning....
I remember one particular little discussion in late 1971 at the 'secret' airbase in north west Oxfordshire, just south of the A40, when the cleaner remarked one morning, ''It's getting dangerous in Oman, you will all be out there soon''. Well of course, we all agreed, as everybody on the base and 'downtown C' knew about it. In fact, probably everybody in the country knew except politicians and senior government officials - except in their dreams!
I also recall being on a not so secret mission during the second week of January 1972 for the delivery of a very special 'human cargo' to Dacca, Bangladesh. On the return via Calcutta and Gan, we diverted to Masirah to medivac a seriously injured Hereford soldier back to Blighty, stopping briefly at Bahrein for a fuel top up.

'Secret' War?.....Piffle, absolute piffle The Russians and Uncle Sam would have known, and so would their respective allies in the MidEast. In fact the whole world knew. Politicians, well they thought, and still do, that they could fool all the people all the time. But as the general public know only too well, that is complete balderdash!