PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2011, 20:46
arriba1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
> Human Factor
quote'BA hoovered up the best self sponsored candidates from the main training schools'-this is just not true-BA have not interviewed from either of the main FTO's and have not employed a single cadet over the last 2 years.
quote'applicants with a spare £80k cash is limited'-this is true but out of date-you now need minimum £110k and £130k is more realistic to include out of pocket expenses and type rating-the first question at any interview is -can you afford the type rating? Are we sure that BA are including the type rating in their offer,I find it somewhat suspicious that the £84k is the same as the FTO's course costs without type rating!
Why are BA (and Atlantic Airlines)so keen to advertise this scheme-in my opinion the FTO's are getting desperate for good quality entry candidates who also have the bundle of cash-they have taken entrants from Holland,France,Bahrain but with the cash problems of the world and political problems in the middle east their cash flow is drying up.
It is interesting that if BA are so unimpressed with the quality of the pilots exiting the current FTO's why would they turn to the same FTO's to produce the quality of pilots they desire.
My opinion is that the FTO's have pleaded with the major airlines to provide a new ongoing cash flow,in return BA will use their high profile to ensure that there will be an almost infinite number of wanabees,who are prepared to loan themselves up to the hilt-BA ensures a source of top quality pilots who are bonded with them for seven years-the FTO's get new quality applicants and more importantly new cash. The reason that neither turn to the current excess of frozen ATPL's is not about quality,there are plenty of good pilots there but no new money!