PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tattoos and the helicopter industry
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2011, 20:22
P6 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me, tattoos come into one of two categories - hidden by "work" clothing, or exposed to the world.

In my line of work, I interview people most days, many of whom express themselves by having tats on their face, neck, hands, e.t.c. I see many people in their 20's and 30's who state that they wish they hadn't had certain visible artwork done on them, and realised too late (like it's rocket science) that they are not easy to erase.

In applying for any employment, an individual must weigh up whether they will fit the company profile and in the same way that some people rack up driving penalty points and don't bat an eye over them, can find that some employers just don't like people with ten points on their licence for speeding offences.

If the most perfect and competent pilot on this planet applied for a job flying for the company that has the contract to fly the Royal Family, I'd be more than surprised if he/she got the job where the Queen sat behind them looking at the kids birth dates tattooed on the side of her pilots neck.

Life is sometimes about choices and consequences. I just wish occasionally that some of the people I interview who have made their life changing tattoo choices didn't bitch to me about how the world is against them for doing it. Surprisingly, I don't choose to have tattoos.