PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Haddon-Cave, Airworthiness, Sea King et al (merged)
Old 13th Aug 2011, 19:53
Bismark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem is Chug that you are making out that the other Services act in the same way as the RAF have done. The truth is they do not (at least the RN hasn't and doesn't). You continue to cite senior officers interfering, again I am not aware that the RN do and I do not think the Army do. Part of this issue is due to the fact that the RAF are an aviation Service, it is all they have to think about and so senior officers think that they know better - it is a real weakness as has been prove time and again (I am not aware of any RN accident investigation being "interfered with" by senior officers).

The RAF have a real problem here, Haddon-Cave recognised it and hence the recommendation for the MAA (not an invention of H-C by the way, it was the imposition of a study conducted a year or so before -which he quoted from in his report), the RN and Army had no choice but to follow. H-C recognised on many occasions that the RN had best practice re A/W. THe RN always were the most obedient towards JSP318 etc - the RAF had to have their own "additional" orders in GASOs.

I am not being anti-RAF in all ofthis but the other Services have been tarred with their particular brush in this thread.