PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA wakes up
Thread: BALPA wakes up
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2011, 17:03
757drivergla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'It is and always has been all about selecting pilots who had the fattest wallet. Perhaps now we are seeing the end of this?'

Sorry but what a complete load of tosh. I did the original CTC course and never had any hope of funding my training through either my own wallet or that of my parents. My loan, arranged through the CTC deal with the bank, was completely unsecured and based purely on my prospective ability to complete the course. This applies to many of my coursemates too. That said, purely because some may be fortunate enough to have the money for a CPL/Frozen ATPL course, does not mean that they aren't good enough to actually be sitting in the seat of a jet. I'm sure there are some examples but put very simply, there are plenty of young, eager pilots out there. The airlines do not need to employ dross and they will employ the right person for the right job with very few exceptions. End of.

CTC, TCX, now BA....and I may not be the greatest pilot in the world but I'm damned sure that I earned my position and certainly never 'bought' my seat.