PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commercial Pilot : Most Stressful Job Career Cast USA
Old 13th Aug 2011, 15:34
LongTimeInCX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Spanners, I know you were only trying to wind us up, and you got another bite from the Messiah, but most here know you as a good guy and you won't get as many bites as you might think.
That said, of all the assorted people we are obliged to interact with in the course of our day, you spanner wielding grease monkeys are about the only guys we trust and respect.
The assorted paper shufflers, jobs-worths, and mini-managers are really nothing more than hurdles and obstacles to be overcome or get knocked over in our quest to provide service from the heart - which we know as getting the SLF from A to B in one piece, hopefully in less battered shape than some of our competition.
Is it stressful? - yes it can be for a variety of weather and technical reasons which are often outside our control. However, sadly for some it is when management interference starts to impinge on flt safety, at which point hopefully leadership, airmanship and just plain old common bloody sense takes over. Just needs balls and backbone to stand up for what you know is right and safe - stuff the outside interference, and the problems become manageable. Monday morning quarterbacks occasionally have to be dealt with, but by then the SLF are safe on the ground, and that's what we get paid for.
But Spanners, would I want your job? I reckon it's way too stressful for a button puncher like me! It's all yours mate