PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 13th Aug 2011, 13:32
spanner the cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dream Driver

The utility and telephone allowance are only given to you if you are in accomodation requiring it. I'm in Holiday Villas and don't get the allowances, no utilities bills. The 2000QAR is a one off payment to get you up and running and dished out on the first day. Don't forget about the bond deduction which is $1390 for 18 months (5059QAR) which commences on DOJ except for Fast Track S/O's where deductions start from line check (as do ab-initio bonds which is less deduction but lasts 36 months).

Currency protection depends on where you come from and how your home currency is doing against the Riyal.

FWIW I'm a year one F/O on the triple and got anywhere between 26000 - 32000QAR before the pay rise. My monthly hours for pay ranged from 52 - 91hrs. I don't bid for trips which would probably increase my average monthly pay (days off in blocks are my thang and I normally get a good block).

Regards

Spanner