PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 13th Aug 2011, 10:24
jetdownunder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everybody!

I am new here on the forum, although have peeked a view times!
I have my assessment day in Brisbane soon, and I was just sooooooooooooo excited to hear about the training now also been given in Brisbane. I live 15 minutes from the airport

I have done the "old" assessment test day 3 or 4 years ago, and was so disappointed to have just missed out (got through all the tests quite a bit above the mark, but failed on the last simulation test. I think I was just tired or something???? Who knows.) Went back to work etc., blah, blah........but hey, old dreams and passions never die!!!

I have been wanting to be an ATController since I was 20 years old! Went through all the tests 20 years ago already in Amsterdam and got really far then (last 20 out of 600 or so, they hired 10 ). Tests were different again back then. Just as hard!

I am determined to get into the training this (last?) time. I think I really have what it takes, but we will know by the end of the month (hopefully). If not, I at least know I really have given it my everything.... I guess I am living proof you should never give up on your dreams. I have already had a very satisfying and rewarding career (and am still in the middle of it), but this passion seems to keep itching

Hope to have good news on this forum in a few weeks or months time. Great to have met you! (regardless of the future)