PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2011, 09:42
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can anyone give me one sane rational economic reason why BA are paying for the training of wannabes when now there are plenty (to put it politely) of us who have already gone through the process that BA is now voluteering to pay for? From newly qualified guys to type rated experienced guys.
BA are not paying for this scheme. It is a mentored cadet programme where the responsibility for paying off the loan rests entirely with the cadet. BA may provide some protection if a cadet fails the course and will provide the A320/B737 type rating and uniform etc, but as was mentioned by catfoodtastesbad this scheme will not cost BA much at all.

I agree with sudden twang and their point 5 above. If you want to be cynical you can adapt it to say BA don't want finance restricting entry as they genuinely want the best candidates as people failing the course and requiring extra training will end up costing them money. With selection being very stringent I reckon the failure rate from this scheme will be next to zero. I've recently joined BA after starting with easyjet as a cadet a few years ago and the difference between the BA cadet programme and the modern easyjet programme is incredible. I would highly recommend BA as an employer, if you get a place on the FPP you will have a fantastic and varied career ahead of you.

And for all those detailing their various GCSE and A level results and asking for advice on their chances at selection, just apply. That is the only way to find out.....

Good luck