PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2011, 09:20
slowjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, you & "Not too small" demonstrating total ignorance of events which took place in Norway & London. Disappointing from you Meph who, in the past, posted wisely ,entertainingly & very often, well intentioned. For the record, there is no comparison. There is no chance of my being shot by the police in London. I might get whacked by a bouncy rubber truncheon if I care to wear a mask, a hoody AND take a flying kick at my nearest branch of Harrods for a free laptop ! I might get shot at if I wave a deadly weapon at the Police and look like I mean REAL trouble. But to compare these events with a demonstration by a majority population for democratic reform who, actually, wish to increase your freedom & security is, sadly, lacking an ability to see, excuse the pun, black from white. I trust you take judgement issues less emotionally on the Flight Deck (?). Thankfully, in the Uk we DO have democratic rule & if we don't like the ruling politicians, we kick them out & vote in another lot. I live in West Ealing and had no difficulty in getting to my Operating Base the day after the first night of teenage carnage. Can you say the same ? However, to pull us back to Pprune and "gulfair developments" I am happy to take this debate elsewhere but Bahrain political developments do and will have an enormous impact on those seeking to join and those wishing to join the list of resignations. I believe, that was my point.