PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A/T at B737-NG moves the thrust with A/T OFF
Old 13th Aug 2011, 02:06
deuzx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/T at B737-NG moves the thrust with A/T OFF

Hello everybody!

To make it clear! I am not an airline pilot, but playing NGX simulation software for FSX. If you want to fire, just come with it : )

The NGX has high realism, but I just wonder if I found a bug in the software. When flying an approach and near sealevel the flight idle thrust for an 737 800 should be aprox 30% N1. What happends sometime is, when I am trying to reduce the speed fast from 170 IAS to lets say 140 as my REF SPEED, the thrust leavers sometimes glides some cm away from mechanically IDLE point and therafter the N1 increases from 30% N1 to aprox 40%. I have to manually hold the thrust leavers down towards idle to come down at speed fast enought.

This problem applys when flying steep approaches like 3 degrees ILS`es and 15-20 knots too high at speed and I try to dramatic reduce the speed in a hurry. It seems that either the real a/c has some form of protection agains a low speed condition or otherways the NGX simulation has a program bug. I belive the last, I am just interested in checking out what is the true here.

Does anybody like to give me a tips; is this real 737 NG behaviour or should the thrust leavers in ANY circumstances NOT be moved by A/T without A/T is on?

To make it clear; when this happends A/T is off! The switch is DOWN, and NO annonciation for A/T in FMA.

If A/T is engaged (as normal) A/T has no problems with commanding flight idle and thats around 30% N1 as seen in the picture below: