PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Hiring
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2011, 00:16
mtc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the general feeling about the transition trained guys? The most recent interviews that have been conducted in Vancouver have all been guys with 3-4000 hours with PIC and turbo-prop and some jet experience even. There has been a lot of talk about all the new hires being no-talent clowns but there are hopefully a few experienced guys on their way over.

Also I am curious about what an experienced pilot is supposed to do if they were to get a call from CX offering an interview and eventually maybe a job. Turn it down on principle? Even if that happened and then the COS changed and people were hired with better contracts and the world was happy once again, should I feel good about my service to the industry while I'm still slogging around the coast in my turbo-prop? And that's a serious question. I realize the importance of standards in the industry but what pilot is going to sacrifice himself for the better of the rest? Indeed, there will always be a Joe Blow breathing down your neck waiting for you to stumble so he can trample over you to the "Major Airline" promise land.

Looking out for number 1 seems to be what we have always done, yes?