PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2011, 19:11
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seven seconds after the First STALL WARNING. "What was that?"

Not sufficient exposure of the sensor to the signal, the CRICKET was not triggered.

So, a 'transient' event.

"What was that?"

1. "Was that STALL?"

2. "Was that a Stall Warning?"

3. "IF STALL warning, WHY?"

OTHER:

"What was That?" "WAS IT.........?"

What it was, almost certainly, was a rhetorical interrogatory.

What it likely meant,

"Did you hear, see, feel, sense, understand, smell, or otherwise become aware, of anything you might be able to help me with?"

A guess could be, Buffet, Vibration, or an otherwise unexpected event, of some importance, that could or should be addressed "by the both of us?"

It is likely on the CVR, this...... ".......that" imo.

Since this comment may annoy or upset some, I will acknowledge that a possibilty may be that something broke, snapped, twisted, banged, fractured, cracked, or become unserviceable and created a noticeable sound, or unusual event that had naught to do with Pilot Error.

Otherwise known as something that had to do with the a/c that is impossible, either in fact, or in professional intuition.

add. IMO I don't think it had to do with the WARNING. They both knew what that meant. Because of the timing, I think it may point to a noise, or event, that may be associated with rapid change in aspect of the a/c. A chair rail creaking? A food trolley falling over behind the CD? Perhaps a FA falling? Maybe to do with Turbulence.

xcitation. This STALLSTA... happened at 2:10:04? How can Autopilot produce a STALLWARNING?