PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2011, 16:30
akerosid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"EI should of kept the 3 A330 that they had on order and not convert them to A350. "

These three aircraft were converted to 350 orders, for delivery in 2017+; I think the reason they were converted to 350s was that EI didn't want them for the time they were originally supposed to be delivered (2012/13), so the best way to put them on the long finger without losing their deposits was to convert them to 350s and move them out.

Yes, the prospect of selling the A350 delivery slots is attractive, particularly as the aircraft is doing so well. However, in saying what he has said, hasn't CM effectively committed EI to taking them. Maybe they might take 3 or 4 and sell the rest on.

Is there any indication of how long it will take to convert from 330s to 350s? The cockpit photos I've seen of the 350 show some significant differences from the current types, but I guess the Airbus philosophy will be pretty much the same, so if you're 330 qualified, you're 80-90% there, as far as converting is concerned?