PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing issue
Thread: Landing issue
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2011, 16:13
IrishJason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some massively helpful and informative post lads thanks. I went again yesterday for my lessons and tried some of what was said. Of the 10 or more landing I done I only had one bump and that was due to me not leaning into the wind enough on a sudden cross wind.Also what I found out was I'm not looking at the end of the runway, Now this is something that has happened recently as I used to always do it, I'm more looking half way down which is unusual for me. I also had one where I came down nearly on the nose wheel, Granted I sorted that quickly and managed a lovely landing, I didn't even hear the touchdown I also tried the floating along and although I preferred this on a flap-less landing I didn't enjoy it so much with a full flap landing. The fear of hitting the runway is starting to leave me more and more as I fly. The best advise I can take from this is to learn step by step as I go. Some very good advise and I thank you all for it, Someone asked if I wore glasses and the answer is I don't.
Thanks again lads. I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I go along