PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus now recruiting Direct Entry F/O's
Old 12th Aug 2011, 15:45
usualguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look why don't you take your bitter and twisted sentiments elsewhere. With the greatest respect if you really are 43 years of age and from Switzerland then why in the hell do you think that an Irish based airline would want to hire you? I am afraid you are not in any of their demographics.

At AL the average age of captains on the A320 is approx. 39 years of age. Time to command at the moment is a little bit unclear but it has been running at 10-12 years. Based on that you will be 55 years of age then and have only 5 years of command before you will need to retire at 60. With your increasing age comes all of the other inherent problems that I do not need to spell out.

Unfortunately for you there is nothing in it for AL to offer you a job. You will likely end up costing them money and use them as a stepping stone to another operator once you have them on your CV.
thanks for you answer, what do you suggest me?give up?

I know, with 43 years old , no hours on the bus, there is no way. If airlines are looking for captains, they will take them young first. Was a big mistake to start this training.

I don't wish to maintain this rating, will cost me another 10'000 euro.
I'm thinking to give up this commercial license.
I don't think the futur will be better, now they all talk to save money in europe to avoid a futur Crash.We just got this "mini" crash last week.

I think pilots who are not flying 1 or 2 years after their commercial will have a hard time to get hired. I may be wrong.

I still try to figure out if it worths to maintain a JAR license?I am 43, if I get a job in 2 years, I will be 45, after this, most doors will be closed.I don't think in 2 years, there will be more job.