xrayalpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Wish you all the best.

Suggest you invest a grand in your website and get it done professionally:

Marcus Dalgetty at Balado spent 750 and got this:
Pegasus Microlights Scotland - Microlight Flying in Scotland

I think it looks great.

(I know our websites - especially the Strathaven one - need seriously updated, so not listing them. But, if you type certain key phrases into Google, they come up tops)

That is the other thing. Web optimise your pages. Don't need to pay anyone - indeed many "optimisers" don't know what they are up to, I feel.

That may mean rethinking your domain - ie flying_lessons_warwick .co.uk for instance. Think what the customers might look for, not what you want them to find. If no-one know that flying lessons are going on at Hinton, no-one will look for "flying lessons at Hinton". If someone is in Warwickshire and looking for flying lessons, they are more likely to search for "flying lessons in Warwickshire". I am sure you'll get my drift.

I suppose my Microlight Scotland - microlight flying lessons, trial flights and microlighting gift vouchers shows a fair bit of web optimisation - I think it comes up in the first 10 in the world for the word "microlight", for instance. Not the labels that appear when you "mouse over" photos. Not the miss-spellings of microlite etc in the photo mouse overs (you might want to look at "flite training" tucked in there, for instance.)

Finally, don't waste money on Yellow Pages, Thomson local etc!

(Keep it for flying, you'll need it at those prices!)

ps. Charge a fair bit more for trial lessons is the correct way. It is a lot easier to say to regular student Jimmy: see you next week at 10am, than it is to sell the voucher, answer questions, take a booking, answer all the questions, describe the route, answer the phone on the day for weather, meet and greet... etc etc etc. So you want paid for that.

(Yes, you do get the never redeemed vouchers. That is a plus. But no-one ever suggests that one should sell TFs cheaper than dual because of that!)