PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways hiring system
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2011, 00:00
4runner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You pay dogo or have a father or uncle that flies there. I have seen and personally know experienced local turbine guys with 2000 hours plus that were not called but 250 hour pilots were. Funny thing is, even a few years after these low time folks were hired, they still can't properly communicate on the radio yet KQ isn't calling experienced local pilots. On a plus side, I'm truly grateful for my Kenyan F/O's that weren't picked up by KQ. You guys are outstanding, professional, knowledgeable, skilled aviators and have kept us out of trouble on more than one occasion. I know the BS you guys and girls have to put up with, from warlord idiot Kenyan Captains to bad mx and everything in between. Most of you guys at ALS, JetLink, 540 etc. are top notch and deserve better than what you're getting. Black, Muindi, Mzungu, Man or Woman, I've been consistently impressed with the whole lot of you. If KQ doesn't call you, em, it's their loss. Emirates is hiring as well as FlyDubai. Get your time and get out. In the meantime, I'm grateful to have you sitting next to me. Asante sana.