PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2011, 22:46
NukeHunt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's great to see this scheme being advertised, although for me and all the other low houred f/ATPL holders that have qualified over the last 2-3 years and have still not got a job, it isn't much use.

Also according to BA's education requirements, I'm way too thick to be a pilot, however I hold a CPL/IR with 1st time passes in everything but 1 ATPL exam that I re-took a month later and got the highest mark in the class. I'm in my mid 30's and passed the ground school course that people in their late teens/early 20's were struggling with as they were more interested in going out and getting ped. I also passed all the flying training first time, that other way more highly educated people were struggling with and they failed some of the tests, yet because of the BA education requirements I wouldn't even stand a chance at flying a plane, but I am proof that education means nothing when it comes to flight training, yet I wouldn't even get a chance to sell myself as I'd fall at the first hurdle.

BA would save themselves a lot of time and money by giving us f/ATPL holders a chance. All we need is a t/r and we're away. We could be recruited and on line in a little over 2-3 months.

Good luck to those that do apply and get through.

Last edited by NukeHunt; 19th Aug 2011 at 23:46.