PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2011, 21:41
BusinessMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@capt.wierd (et al) - I don't work for BA (though I know some who do and others who used to) but I would stake my licence that your ethnic background will NOT in any way have a negative impact on your chances .

However, potentially related - any candidate will need a full grasp of the English language: written, aural and oral.

Separately, I'll be very interested in how the older candidates get on. I do actually believe BA when they say that they are interested in applicatons from anyone up to 55 but I will be surprised (albeit happily ) if many over 40 gets onto the scheme. For context - their old cadet scheme opened in '95 with an upper limit of 28 which was later reduced to 26. Perhaps more relevantly (to me anyway) - I was lucky enough to be able to gain a cadetship in my mid-30s and freely admit that I was a slower learner than some others with whom I trained, partly because I had spent more time becoming set in my ways (and I'm not talking re flying here).

Lastly, for those worrying about being too young or not having sufficient grades - this scheme will be around for a good few years yet (hopefully it will tick over indefinitely, like the good ol' days) so don't feel the need to throw your hat in the ring immediately. If you think about it sensibly: the most competitive it will ever be is right now, when it first opens. Why not give it time, get the grades and ensure you are 100% prepared. It's easy for me to say "what's 1 more year waiting for your dream career" but it is something worth thinking about.

Once again, the absolute best of luck to everyone who applies for the dream-scheme this time round .

Last edited by BusinessMan; 12th Aug 2011 at 10:07.