PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you find most annoying about our job???
Old 17th Oct 2002, 18:54
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I saw an absolute classic today, a Pax getting himself worked up for zero reason.

It was a UK internal flight - BA from IOM to LTN on a 146.
A wheelchair pax had been loaded first and was placed in 2B. I was next on and took my seat 4F.

What had happened was that the wheelchair Pax had been allocated 1B (or similar) and that had restricted access, so they had placed her in 2B. When the folks for 2A/B/C boarded they were told, "we are less than half full - so sit where you want."

They duly did - in row 3A/B/C. Then the bloke and his wife for row 3A/B arrived and were told the same thing by the F/A. He moaned and grumbled. "What is the point of allocating seats if you then tell us to ignore them?"

F/A explained about the wheelchair pax and that there was lots of space. He grumbled more.

For some reason, that I did not catch (maybe because I was ignoring him!) he then found that he 'had' to move again. This was THE END. He moaned and cursed about 'having' to move a second time. Meanwhile, there is an 80 seat (?) machine with only about 30 people on it and empty seats as far as the eye can can see....

The F/A explained again about the wheelchair pax and that she (the F/A) had been trying to help that [elderly] lady. Mr Pax was not interested and then HAD to get his bag and coat out of the locker, to move it to the locker a couple of rows down to where they were now sitting. This was a wise precaution as we all know that the lockers have external doors and the F/A will pull the 'Eject' toggle and empty the locker of your goods, if you are not sitting underneath them.

The crew were great. Also, on the outbound leg on Tuesday. Good service and food, the 'deli' sandwiches were just fine and my thanks for the extra minature of brandy!

Also to the F/C, the same Cpt on Tuesday and today and a beautiful landing both times. On Tuesday in a smart wind and light rain at IOM, Cpt. B. floated us along the line and then kissed the wheels down. Magic stuff.