PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 11th Aug 2011, 20:48
Miss Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I believed in Karma that would be what happened for me. Passed CTC aptitude and group stuff but was let go after the interview. They could at least give you a chance in the sim and then make the final decision... anyway, better that it didn't work out because I am so through with flying in KDH... Now flying in a much better place thank you very much.

Back in 2007 out of only just 5 flights I had made there 4 had incidents:

1- airport unsafe so we hold for 40min (it was under attack again)
2- missile launched at us but missed--ATC asked if we are ok
3- Two US helo's that are there to protect us during our night landings with no lights caused a TCAS RA because the tower said it was ok to turn base (could not see them on TCAS and they have to have all their lights off too)
4- and finally after landing and fueling up the alarm goes off and the airport is under attack...we were told in such cases that we should exit the aircraft and run away from the aircraft and hit the ground for cover A REGULAR WAR ZONE !! So what does the company do after this? Provide us with flack jackets and helmets !!! unbelievable and pointless. The captain made a very good point that if they were to shoot at the aircraft filled to the gills with jet fuel that our running and hitting the ground would not do much as the explosion would engulf us so we stayed in the aircraft. Our situation was laughable and moronic, how silly to be wearing a flack jacket and a helmet inside the aircraft (these were cargo flights BTW).

In previous years all crew were paid danger pay but is more money worth the risk of losing your life ? We weren't getting danger pay and the insurance didn't cover us either and still captains were accepting to fly there -- I was still low time so that was my excuse. What about Best Air that was in the hotel near Kabul airport that got attacked back in 2008 I believe? I heard accounts of the crew walking past the machine gun raked hotel walls and witnessing a couple of dead bodies (none of his crew hurt but the other wing of the hotel demolished) Most crew that were involved in that one quit afterwards.

So if Karma is out there I would like to thank her