PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 11th Aug 2011, 17:12
FLSV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being from a smaller country in Europe it is interesting to see what is happening in the bigger ATC-countries.
I haven’t read the all posts but it seems like many countries providers have had an aggressive tone the last few years.
The one thing I have realized is that if we stay focused and united they will never be able to break us. Older ATCOS knows that but younger does has some difficulties to understand. Hopefully they learn after seeing what happens in countries that stay united.
Spain, Germany, England, Finland, Iceland and many other countries have had a very tough situation. I'm glad to read that some of you understand the importance of staying united.
There is always going to be those who think that we are paid too much and that we don’t deserve more, even among ourselves. They think that airlines will stop complaining about ATC-costs if we don’t get pay rise. They will never stop complaining! NEVER!
Maybe they (airlines) should charge their passengers more! Maybe the solution to the problems that airlines have isn’t always pay cut after pay cut for their staff and cutting ATC-costs. Maybe the problem can be found somewhere else! Maybe it has to cost more to fly!
And also providers must realize that an aggressive tone will NEVER be the answer to solving problems during negotiations! NEVER!