PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2011, 16:45
chromeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder how many will be trained in UK given the heavy cost of 20% VAT on all training costs!
There is no VAT on education/training

FTE at £84,000 + £6,000 + £200 (selection) + c.£2,000 (living costs - excluding food and drink at FTE cover this)
Where do you get your £2000 living cost fee excluding food and drink at FTE from? It is all included, everything except the bar which costs about 60p for a bottle of Heineken at happy hour. South West Spain is dirt cheap and you can get home for ~£30 return if you shop in advance.

I really wish everyone the best of luck with an application to this scheme.

For those that fall short of or just manage the minimum requirements, remember that you will all be competing against RAF pilots who were made redundant only weeks from being moved onto Tornados, they will all be putting their applications in for this with some few hundred hours flying time and most of the ATPL groundschool syllabus theory done. I believe quite a few of the self-sponsored cadets who are already at the likes of FTE and Oxford are applying as well on the off-chance they can be moved over to a sponsored scheme, competition is going to be fierce.

Last edited by chromeo; 11th Aug 2011 at 17:06.