PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2011, 14:15
Mimpe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats great info Takata.

I dont have access to an Airbus Simulator, but ive run this accident at home twice now with the worst thunderstorm i can find, a pretty much fully loaded aircraft and all the other parameters , and those power settings and pitch attitudecsettings are about right. I an early BBC documentary I think they mentioned power in the high 80's (at least85%) and 3-5deg pitch up. I even dialled up an aft COG to see what effect it would have on stability...nps..

Just maintaining reasonably steady altitude to within a few hundred feet would have been a good proxy, with nil or minimal thrust alteration if they wanted a decent turbulence penetration speed. The climb at low power was the toxic confection. I even wonder if a gentle descent would have given them safer tolerances to a possible stall..done in a planned way, but of course they seem to have chosen to fly right through the densest and widest part of the storm, which would have left yhem with more weather than neccessary to have tolerate(read..survive)
My own simof it didnt seem that difficult and no hint of overspeed or stall...just bumpy and needed patience and gentle hands.

I think the poor guy just lost his scan discipline very quickly, got distracted and probably spatially disoriented, couldnt prioritise,and ignored the (expletive) stall warning and the very good advice he was getting ...