PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S-76D
Thread: S-76D
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2011, 10:30
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peter Pan Pan

I am very pleased to hear that type courses are available for those discerning companies that decide that their crews deserve a proper structured course and I in no way wish to impugn the standards of FSI courses, I am sure they are excellent and equal or better than the JAR courses, I couldn't say.

You miss the point. I have had to train pilots that have come with a S76 background and similar types, but because the FAA allows pilots to work as crew members without formal training on the specific type they come complete with horror stories about what they were expected to do with little or no formal training.

I am not arrogant, just cross, annoyed that a country that should be a beacon of excellence has a regulatory system that is taking forever to get real. You guys are good despite the system not because of it. ...... and those that aren't good should lift your heads and look for a global best practice to use as a reference for what could and should be the norm. If you find that best practice is not in the US then please don't throw rocks at those who have watched their colleagues perish on the pathway to a proper way to do business.

G.

Edited for spelling

Last edited by Geoffersincornwall; 9th Sep 2011 at 10:59.