PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuel Theft
Thread: Fuel Theft
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2011, 09:00
rogcal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No more than you'd expect from the owners of car park were you pay to park your car and they display notices to that affect i.e. "not liable for theft of losses" etc.

If the airfield doesn't display such notices or inform you in some other manner that they do not accept liability for any losses, you may be able to get something from them but don't hold your breath.

The lesson you've learnt is to leave as little as possible in the tanks, even if this means syphoning it out yourself and taking it home with you.

Incidentally, there's no reason you couldn't give a hint on here as to where this happened, as it might not be a one off and others reading this may now of other fuel thefts that have happened there.

The last thing an airfield owner/operator wants is bad news plastered across forum pages and if they have any professionalism they would take it seriously and improve security!

If the airfield owner/operator says it's not cost effective to have security devices installed, then I'd question if they scrimp on costs in other areas of their operation and consider the impact on safety.

As for security devices themselves, there are plenty about (wifi devices are great) and when set-up correctly can discriminate between humans and wildlife and so avoid false triggering. I know because I've got the lot (badgers, deer, foxes, hares and bunnies) roaming about my place and my devices had to set-up well if I'm to get a good nights sleep but on the occasion when someone has snooped about they work a treat.

Last edited by rogcal; 11th Aug 2011 at 09:20.