PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVENTRY
Thread: COVENTRY
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2011, 22:59
Dawdler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has MOL, any time of lately, been dictating to CVT that they extend their runway per chance?
Who knows? But I think it may prove to be impractical. at the north eastern end the proximity of the Toll Bar Island and buildings in Siskin Drive would proclude any extension in that direction. At the south western end the village of Stoneleigh is on the direct line of the runway. I remember the hiatus caused by the short extension (still within the airport boundary) in recent years. The road across the line would have to be displaced and there is absolutely no doubt that WDC would put the kibosh on any such plans. As I said before, they see no benefit to them in have the airport there and as it has been proved will go to enormous expense to stand in the way of any improvements, warranted or not. They really are the villains here.

I and many other Warwickshire council tax payers objected to the fantastic amounts of money spent on trying to cut CVT off at the knees. But as usual they had their agenda to follow.