PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2011, 22:53
kingofkabul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have to remember that there will be literally thousands of applicants for this scheme, if you do not meet the basic education requirements you are unlikely to get any further. Life is not always fair. I agree that a 2.2 from Oxford in Engineering is better than a 2.1 from Wigan Poly in David Beckham studies, but then I doubt those with questionable non-technical degrees will get in either.

Being accepted for the CTC Wings scheme or any other integrated course is different to a sponsored/mentored scheme such as this. The bar will be set much higher here. Let's be honest it is not exactly rocket science passing the selection at these schools on a normal day. Walking around OAA on an open day a few months ago I met students who struggled to speak English, one who was clearly a bit slow at everything, and I watched one crash the simulator in front of me - hardly MENSA material! (The average standard I am sure is higher..... I hope)

Hezza, yes it does not mention the FPP salary scale on the website but I know someone on the inside who told me that there will be a separate pay-scale for FPPs. BA would be insane to pay you more than a DEP, there is no way any business would sign that off today - unless they are crazy.