PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulfstream vs Global
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2011, 20:22
Marcus550

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well to begin with, the sales force/demo people seem to begin with the assumption that they would lose out to Gulfstream without knowing whether we even intended to comparison shop. That, in and of itself, wasn't terribly impressive.

The demo flight was short (about 30 minutes), hot (cabin temp about 80F) and very noisy. I don't know why this should have been so, and did not ask. They volunteered the fact that they'd had "ECS problems with this demonstrator".

We came prepared with a list of 30 questions we wanted answered, concerning the aircraft's performance ("well it's better than a GIV"). None were answered during our visit but they promised to get back to us. They never did.

I thought the interior was rather nice, until I compared it to a Falcon 2000 and a G550. Then it seemed rather minimalist and uncomfortable.

There were other things as well. Perhaps a better sales presentation/demo/demo flight would have relieved some of these issues. I don't know.

This was some 20 months ago, I guess so I'm basing my comments on my aging memory. I didn't take notes, and hadn't thought much about the Global until I happened across this thread.

Our flight crew had no input in our decision as we had committed to Gulfstream before we found/hired our crewmembers.