PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2011, 19:11
Jutta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Hi everybody :-)

even though I am not a "flying" person other than sitting at the rear of a plane I've followed this long discussion with enormous interest.
Many questions turn around my head, but I will continue reading here to find some of them answered.
Nevertheless there is one point I would like to have answered: I love the computer, it's technical side as well and have no problem to understand, not all, but most of the problems which might arise. But I know that not only in my family but also among my friends, there are people who dislike using the PC, even though most of them have to use them at their work, in private they tell me after weeks "oh yeah, i have to go and look at my mail"

Now the profession of a pilot is first of all to know how to fly a plane, which in itself is already very demanding. But what about a person who loves to fly but has no interest or notion of a computer? He or she just doesn't understand what's it all about as he doesn't care. But in modern flying this is essential. When reading about the reaction of the PF I could not help wondering if he really understood the planes computer and everything connected with it.